Do you want to buy the best automatic parakeet feeder? If so, this article is for you. Over time, we have gathered information about some of the most popular models on the market. We will discuss what makes them unique and which one would be best suited to your needs. Scroll down to find out more!
When choosing the best automatic parakeet feeder, there are a few things you want to focus on.
- Value for money – the feeder should be affordable for most people.
- Ease of use – it's important that you can fill and take care of your pet without too much hassle.
- Durability – if the feeder is going to break easily, then it isn't worth getting at all.
- Variety in feeding times – some models have settings while others are straightforward.
There is a lot of not-so-great products out there when it comes to automatic parakeet feeders, and many don't last past the return date! This is why we have compiled the top three models, which we believe are popular for a reason!
1. Evursua No Mess Durable Automatic Parakeet Bird Cage Feeder
Have you ever had to clean up birdseed that has been blown all over the place?
The Evursua No Mess Durable Automatic Parakeet Bird Cage Feeder is a great way to keep your bird's food safe and dry. It provides a sheltered perch for birds to land on, and it's cheaper than traditional feeders with no potential view-blocking problems. This automatic feeder is suitable for all parrots and parakeets, so you can use it in the square cage or sorting box.
Why We Like It
It doubles up as a durable acrylic perch, and the design of this parakeet birdcage feeder allows the birds to eat without any mess and keeps the seeds from falling on the floor. It is also very easy to install in any cage and super easy to clean. Parakeets seem to like its design and are attracted to it immediately. You can easily fix this automatic parakeet bird cage feeder into your pet's cage by using only one screw and one bolt.
Parakeet Feeder Benefits:
- Protects your bird seed from rain and wind.
- Provides a sheltered perch for birds to land on.
- Cheaper than traditional feeders, and there are no potential view-blocking problems.
- This automatic feeder is suitable for all parrots and parakeets and can be used in the square cage or sorting box.
- No mess
- Wide perch
- Easy to attach to cage
- Made from durable plastic
- Easy clean & collects husks
2. PINVNBY No-Mess Automatic Parakeet Feeder
Finnie Automatic Bird Feeder is a feeder that does away with scattered seeds and hulls. Some feeders have claimed “no scatter” – this one actually works! You bird enters and eats, leaving hulls and uneaten seed behind in the trough-like compartment below! There is a feeding trough at the back, and a small tray in front of that that the loose stuff falls into. All the chaff falls into the removable tray at the bottom.
This feeder has been designed to be used with finches, canaries, doves, and parakeets.
Why We Like It
The feeder is made of durable plastic, so it will last for a long time without any issue. The screen door on the front helps to keep larger seeds out and make sure there are no seeds in your bird's food dish below. There is also an easy-to-clean design that makes keeping this feeder tidy a breeze.
- “No scatter” design means no seeds outside the feeder!
- The screen door keeps larger seeds out of this bird's food dish below.
- Easy to clean design and long-lasting plastic construction make this feeder durable and easy to use for your birds.
3. Wingscapes AutoFeeder Automatic Bird Feeder
If you want to feed your parakeets without having to refill the feeder consistently, The Wingscapes AutoFeeder is the best option. This is a birdfeeder that automatically dispenses seed or pellets up to 4 times each day. It has a programmable timer and time-release system, so you can set it for 1-20 seconds of feeding at any time of day. You'll need four AA batteries (which last one year) and 1 gallon of seed (any type).
With this automatic birdfeeder, you won't have to worry about refilling as often! And with its metal construction, it's built tough enough for even the most aggressive birds.
Why We Like It
We like this one for its super sturdy design and the fact that it is made for parakeet owners with multiple birds. If you have an aviary, this is the automatic birdfeeder you are after, mostly as it saves time and looks good while doing it. Practicality-wise it is a 10 out of 10.
- It is a Battery-Powered Programmable Dispenser
- It holds up to 1 gallon of seed or pellets
- Time-Release Feeder ( so stays full for months while keeping seed fresh)
- Durably Built & Easy to Use
This is the one we would buy, purely for convenience! It's sturdy and a good size. The battery-operated feeding mechanism has two settings, low to dispense seed for small birds like finches or zebra doves and high when you have hungry parakeets and parrots that need regular refills. Programmable, it provides up to 12 hours of feed and will shut off automatically when the battery charge is low or if there's not enough seed left in the reservoir.
The only downside to this feeder is that you have to use a power source for it (battery). The upside is that once set up; you don't have to mess with it for months.
This feeder is also adjustable, so you can set the timer from anywhere between 30 minutes and 12 hours. And if your birds are messy eaters like ours, they may appreciate being able to adjust how much seed falls out at a time – there's no need to worry about them going hungry because they can't find the food.
If you only have one parakeet, however, one of the smaller feeders would be better suited.
“I love exotic birds and have kept several throughout my life. Most people know me for my knowledge of animals and love for writing”